Web Use License
A Web Use License permits the use of fonts on a website. This means integrating font files into the website’s CSS code and hosting the files on the same server as the website itself. The license is perpetual and paid with a one-off payment.
Terms and Conditions
Please read this document carefully and we recommend that you keep a copy for further reference.This End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legal binding contract between you (the “Licensee”) and Typolar Ltd (the “Typolar”), and is applicable to the Font Software (the “Typefaces”) that is accompanied by this Agreement or that You have ordered online. If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot access, use or download the Font Software.
- “Font Software” and “Typefaces” mean coded software that is accompanied by this Agreement or that Licensee is about to order online and which generates typeface designs when used with the appropriate hard- and software, plus any and all other data including documentation provided with such software.
- “Licensed Unit” means installations of the Typefaces that allow the design of Licensee’s Websites which have – based on any six consecutive calendar months – not more than the overall monthly average of unique visitors stated on Purchase Receipt from Licensor. If no number of unique visitors is given on the Purchase Receipt, the licensed number of unique visitors is 15,000 per month. If Licensee’s Websites averages (based on a period of six consecutive calendar months) at any given time in the future more than the licensed number of unique visitors per month, Licensee must purchase an extended license from Licensor.
- “Use” means to design Licensee’s own personal or business Website with the typeface embodied in the Typefaces and to make accessible the Typefaces together with Licensee’s Website on a web server in order to enable a web browser to render the content of such a Website using the respective Typefaces. Use does not include the behaviour set forth in Clause 2.2. below.
- “Website and Domain”. Website as used here is a connected group of related web pages which form an entity whose content is managed by Licensee, and which are organized under a particular domain name, including sub-domains. The Website can be viewed either over Licensee’s local area network or over the Internet. For the avoidance of doubt, web pages on sub-domains whose content is managed by other persons are deemed to be not part of Licensee’s Website.
- ”Unique visitor” as used here is an user of the Website that have had at least one visit on the Website within one month. The Typefaces is licensed for a limited number of domains and a defined number of unique monthly visitors. If the maximum number of allowed domains or unique visitors is exceeded, the purchase of an additional license is required. Licensor reserves the right to inspect or monitor Licensee's usage.
- Grant of License and Restrictions
- Grant of License. Licensor grants Licensee a non-exclusive license to Use the Typefaces in a Licensed Unit for Licensee's own personal or business purposes according to the terms of this Agreement. If the average number of unique visitors per month under which the Typefaces is Used exceeds the amount set forth in the Licensed Unit, then Licensee must request from Licensor or its authorized distributors an appropriate license extension covering all unique visitors; an additional fee will be charged for this license extension.
- Restriction of Use. Licensee is not allowed to copy, distribute or make the Typefaces available to third parties so that they can use it for their purposes or for purposes other than the display of Licensee's Websites. In particular (but not limited to), Licensee is not allowed (i) to disseminate or make available the Typefaces or parts of it through any online service or a file sharing platform or (ii) to sublicense the Typefaces to third parties so that they can use it for their websites (even though such websites are hosted under Licensee's domain name), e. g. for websites in social networks, for individual online shops under a common domain name, in blogging communities, by online editors, as a design tool, etc. If Licensee wishes to use the Typefaces for such purposes, Licensee must obtain a special license from Licensor.
- No Embedding. Licensee may not embed the Typefaces in any documents (e. g. pdf documents), applications or devices other than Licensee's Websites. Licensee may not use the Typefaces for other services that are rendering the fonts, e. g. pre-press, plotting, exposing, etc. If Licensee wishes to use the Typefaces for such purposes, You must obtain a separate Standard Desktop License from Licensor.
- Backup. Licensee may make backup copies of the Typefaces for archival purposes only, provided that Licensee retains exclusive custody and control over such copies. Any backup copy of the Typefaces must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary information as the original.
- Modifications. Licensee may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter, or attempt to discover the source code of the Typefaces except as expressly provided for in this Clause 2 and the Definition of Use. If Licensee wants to make modifications to the Typefaces, Licensee must obtain the prior written consent of Licensor.
Licensee agrees that the Typefaces are protected by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of the European Union and its member countries, by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of other nations, and by international treaties both as artwork and digital software. Licensee agrees to treat the Typefaces as Licensee would any other copyrighted material.
- Licensor and its designated type designer(s) retain full title and ownership of these Typefaces both as artwork and digital software, including all subsequent copies of the artwork or software regardless of the format in which they are expressed or the media on which they are recorded. Any updates, revisions, enhancements or additions to the Typefaces supplied by Licensor under this Agreement shall become part of, and subject to, this Agreement. The parties agree that Licensor shall own the copyright in all such modifications and derivative works of the Typefaces made by either party. The names of these typefaces are trademarks of Licensor, and as such may only be used in keeping with accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner's name and only in conjunction with output produced using this Typefaces. The parties agree that the Typefaces are the sole and exclusive property of Licensor, including all applicable rights to patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets inherent therein and appurtenant thereto, and Licensee agrees not to challenge Licensor's rights thereto, or infringe the rights thereof. Licensee acknowledges that Licensee is not purchasing title to the Typefaces, but are rather being granted a license to use the Typefaces for the purposes set forth above. Except as provided herein, this Agreement does not grant Licensee any intellectual property rights in the Typefaces.
- Transfer of Rights.
Licensee may not sell, lease, sublicense, or otherwise assign any rights, duties or obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity.
- Limitation of Liability
If the Typefaces does not perform substantially in accordance with the pertaining documentation, the entire and exclusive liability of Licensor shall be limited to either, at Licensor’s option, the replacement of the Typefaces or the refund of the license fee Licensee paid for the Typefaces. Licensor and its suppliers do not warrant the performance or results Licensee may obtain by using the Typefaces. Licensor and its suppliers make no warranties express or implied, as to non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event will Licensor or its suppliers be liable to Licensee for any consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or lost savings, even if a Licensor representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party. This warranty does not affect any claims Licensee might have against Licensee's retailer.
This license is effective until terminated, but Licensor reserves the right to terminate this license immediately if Licensee fails to comply with any term of this license. Upon any such termination Licensee agrees to destroy the original and any copies of the Typefaces and cease all use of the Typefaces and trademarks. The termination of this Agreement shall automatically, and without any further action by Licensor, terminate and extinguish this License.
- General provisions
Licensee agrees to inform all users who have legitimate access to the Typefaces about the content of this Agreement and to make sure that they comply with the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of Licensor. If any part of this agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- Governing Law.
This license shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of Finland and any disputes will be handled by the Helsinki District Court.
Please note: Once downloaded, fonts may not be returned or refunded.